Frequently Asked Questions
1. Medical records from St. Ann Hospital [1873-1973] are not available. The hospital closed in 1973 and the required time for keeping such documents has long since passed.
2. Baptism records from St. Ann Hospital/DePaul Home [1873-1973], St. John Hospital (7911 Detroit Ave.) [1916-1990], and Parmadale [1925-1989] are located at the Diocesan Archives. To obtain this information, a “Sacramental Record Request Form” can be completed on their website.
3. Baptism records from St. Thomas Hospital [1928-1987] are at Blessed Trinity Parish (formerly St. Martha), 300 E. Tallmadge Avenue, Akron, Ohio 44310 (330-376-5144).
4. Birth certificates from St. Ann Hospital/DePaul Home can be obtained from the Cleveland Department of Health, Office of Vital Statistics, 601 Lakeside Ave., Room 122, Cleveland, OH 44114, 216-664-2316. Information about all the records available is on their website.
5. Inquiries about adoption records from St. Ann Hospital/DePaul Home should be made to Catholic Charities Adoption Services, 6753 State Road, Parma, OH 44134-4596 (440-843-5631).
6. Questions regarding records for former Parmadale orphans should be directed to Parmadale at 440-843-5587.
7. St. John Hospital School of Nursing records can be obtained from Archives, Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine c/o Sr. Mary Denis, 5232 Broadview Road, Richfield, OH 44286, 330-659-5100.
8. Requests for St. John Hospital School of Nursing TRANSCRIPTS should be sent to St. John Medical Center, 29000 Center Ridge Rd., Westlake OH 44145. The phone number is 440-835-8000.
9. St. Vincent Charity Hospital School of Nursing records can be obtained from Apryl King, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2351 E22nd Street, Cleveland, OH 216-241-5103,
10. St. John College School of Nursing and the St. John College School of Education records are at Ursuline College, 2550 Lander Road, Pepper Pike, OH 44124, 440-449-4200.
All other requests concerning early history of any of our institutions, information about the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine Community or members should be directed to Sr. Mary Denis.
Please make requests by e-mail email@example.com or in writing:
Sr. Mary Denis Maher, CSA
5232 Broadview Road
Richfield OH 44286-9481